China's stadium diplomacy is a topic that we do not really touch on this podcast but that all changed after hosts Winslow Robertson and Dr. Nkemjika Kalu read Mr. Hikabwa Decius Chipande's blog post "China’s Stadium Diplomacy: A Zambian Perspective" which was on Football is Coming Home. The hosts inveted Chipande on the pod to discuss his piece, and he graciously agreed. He is studying the social and cultural history of football in Zambia in the 20th century and he is a recipient of the FIFA Havelange Research Scholarship for his doctoral dissertation on the social and political history of football in Zambia, 1950-1993. What an expert!
- Africa for the Chinese by Francis Galton
- Africans get a kick out of Shaolin kung fu by Frankie Taggart
- Kenya among countries ‘exporting’ malaria to China by Gatonye Gathura
- Dr. Kalu
- CCS Policy Briefing: China-Mali relationship: Finding mutual benefit between unequal partners by Harrie Esterhuyse and Moctar Kane
- Mining companies are not interested in Africa's development by Ray Bush and Yao Graham
- Hikabwa Decius Chipande